YouTube Vanced is the stock Android YouTube app, but better! Includes adblocking, true amoled dark mode and a lot more. Use the handy Vanced Manager to install YouTube Vanced with ease.
- Features the option of an amoled black theme to reduce eye and battery strain.
- Blocks All videos ads and allows you to play videos in the background or in Picture in Picture (only on android 8.0 and up)
- Swipe controls allow you to control brightness and volume like how it is in other video player apps such as VLC or MX Player (with configurable padding).
- New auto repeat feature allowing you to enjoy videos like tiktoks/vines or simply continue playing a song on loop.
- Not liking the new comments section or miniplayer? Those also can be toggled to the tablet versions which are very similar to the old version (albeit slightly buggy).
- Allows you to override Codec options such as forcing H264 for old devices or VP9, this also allows you to force HDR playback or turn off 60fps if you prefer a cinematic experience. (Custom device configs for these features can be found on our discord or XDA)
- Force the default video resolution as high or low as you want and even override your screen resolution for that sharp 4k playback on any device, and also allows you to change default playback speed to anywhere between 0.25x to 2x (assuming your device is powerful enough)
- Allows you to toggle home ads, most UI ads, Merchandise ads, Community posts, Movie upselling, compact banner info (such as the covid info), remove comments entirely, compact movie, movie shelf removal and many more!
- Features the ability to skip annoying sponsor segments (where a youtuber advertises a service or product in the middle of a video)
- It also supports skipping other categories, such as intros, outros and reminders to subscribe.
- Uses the API found https://sponsor.ajay.app. You can find more information on how it works
- Also allows you to submit your own segments to the API and contribute to the wider community
- Complete control over whether to automatically skip a segment category or show a button for skipping, or simply just not skipping it at all.
- Highlights the segment in the specific colour based on its category in the playback timeline.
How to install YouTube Vanced Non-root variant with Vanced Manager
- Download the latest Vanced Manager from here on your Android device.
- Install the app and open it.
- Make sure to select “nonroot” during the initial configuration wizard.
- Tap “Install” next to MicroG.
- Follow the instructions to allow installing from unknown apps.
- MicroG will download and then you’ll tap “Install” when it’s ready.
- Next, tap “Install” next to Vanced.
- Select your preferred theme and tap “NEXT”.
- Select your preferred language and tap “FINISH”.
- Vanced will download and you’ll tap “Install” when it’s ready.
While Vanced Manager is always the recommended method for installing and managing the modded YouTube instance, power users may like to have more control over the installation process. In case you want to install YouTube Vanced without using Vanced Manager, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Install the latest Vanced MicroG APK if you want to log in with your YouTube/Google account.
- Find the suitable YouTube Vanced APK components for the target device and download them.
- Install the set of APKs using Split APKs Installer (SAI). You can download SAI from its GitHub repo, F-Droid, or Google Play Store.
Questions and Answers
Is YouTube vanced illegal?
Yes! YouTube Vanced is completely legally used under the laws of your country. This is an unofficial YouTube app with enhancements. If you download and use it for personal use, you should comply with the legal systems of most countries.
Is YouTube vanced dangerous?
No, it is not dangerous but it is illegal because it is a mod of YouTube which allows to use all YouTube premium features for free.
Can you download YouTube vanced?
Download the latest Vanced Manager from here on your Android device. Install the app and open it shown in post. Vanced will download and you’ll tap “Install” when it’s ready.
What does YouTube vanced do?
YouTube Vanced- is an advanced version of YouTube which allows ad blocking, background playback, pinch and zoom, and many more. By the time you finish reading this, you will know everything about it. Every features it offers, where to get it, and how to install it on your Android device.
Can you get YouTube vanced on Iphone?
YouTube Vanced is available on iOS but only through jailbreaking. Although it is possible to get YouTube Vanced on iOS using third-party sites and applications, it isn’t recommended due to security concerns. Apple actively blocks the app and equivalents like Cercube and YT++ on its iOS platforms.
How do I get rid of YouTube vanced?
Locate its icon in the application box and tap it for a long time. In the menu that will appear, tap on the information icon. On the next screen, tap Uninstall.